Wodonga Council is committed to protecting the privacy of information collected by us or on our behalf in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
Information we collect during the job enquiry and recruitment process, and during employment, including information obtained from third party sources such as referees and government agencies, is collected for the primary purpose of assessing your application and, if successful, administering your employment. If you choose not to provide personal information, it may not be possible to consider you for employment or provide associated services to you.
In addition, we will also use your information:
· To correspond with you;
· To meet our legislative reporting responsibilities;
· To attend to day to day administrative matters;
· For benchmarking, analysis, quality assurance, research and planning purposes;
· To prevent or detect fraud, wrongdoing or unlawful activity;
· To determine and process your pay and entitlements;
· To inform you about and/or provide to you facilities and services available to staff; and
· As otherwise permitted by law or with your consent.
We may share your personal information with third parties who assist us with these matters including:
· Your nominated financial institution, superannuation fund and salary packaging benefits/direct debit provider (eg, union, childcare centre, gym, health fund, novated lessor);
· Government agencies such as the ATO and Centrelink;
· Contracted service providers performing services for Council (eg, recruiters, banks, mailing houses, logistics, IT service providers, training organisations, travel service providers); and,
· In the event of an emergency, police, medical or hospital personnel, civil emergency services, your legal representative or nominated emergency contact person, or other persons assessed as necessary to respond to the emergency.
We create, store and transmit personal information securely in a range of paper and electronic formats, including using on-premise and cloud-based data computing services. We will delete or securely destroy your personal information when it is no longer required by us and as permitted by law.
You may apply to access or correct your personal information by contacting the Freedom of Information Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6022 9300. If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is being used, please contact the Privacy Officer on email@example.com or 02 6022 9300.