- Full-time – Permanent Role
- Salary Range $71,554 to $77,264 (Subject to experience) + superannuation
- Great work-life balance | Flexible working options available
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options including working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values-driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams which benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
This position will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the Engineering service through positive participation as a member of the team.
Key aspects of the role include the following.
- Carry out specified technical research and provide advice and support for problem solving in matters pertaining to the Projects and design team;
- Maintain effective communications with personnel of the Projects and design unit and other council business units to provide an open and free flow of information;
- Identify and report workplace hazards and follow all reasonable directions of Supervisors with regard to safety;
- Respond to Customer Service Requests (CSR’s) and general engineering enquiries from the public as required.
- Review and process build over easement and legal point of discharge applications, assessing potential impacts on infrastructure and ensuring adherence to relevant guidelines.
- Provide on-site supervision and oversight of construction contractors to ensure work is carried out in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
Key Selection Criteria:
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us the following.
- Possession of engineering or equivalent qualification and/or 5+ years’ experience in engineering or related field.
- The ability to work as an effective team member, providing input to team discussions and in the review of process improvements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- The ability to manage own time, manage conflicting priorities and plan and organise workloads.
- Proficient in the use of relevant engineering software, tools, and technologies, with the ability to quickly adapt to new advancements in the field.
- Experience in construction supervision and inspections.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the “apply” button to commence your application.
Applicants will be required to upload three documents.
- A document addressing the key selection criteria as outlined above (support on how to address this criteria can be found here)
- A brief cover letter
- A current resume
Prior to commencement, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following.
- A copy of a recent National Police Check (less than 3 months)
- A current driver’s licence
- Any other mandatory requirements outlined in the position description (eg. first aid, CPR, WWCC, forklift).
The completion of a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by the council) might also be required.
If applicable, evidence regarding right to work in Australia will need to be presented.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Conwae Knight – (02) 6022 9230 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11.59pm, 13 February, 2024.
Position description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including:
- Employee health and wellbeing programs;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Learning and development; and,
- Career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and, people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you to submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.