- Salary starting at 31.95 Per Hour plus superannuation
- Great work-life balance | Flexible working options available
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options including working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values-driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams which benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
This position is casual and hours will be allocated according to business needs over a calendar week and includes some weekends and evenings but is predominately day-time work. The role is physical and includes manual handling tasks.
This position provides support for events occurring in The Cube Wodonga through the set-up, pack down of conference furniture and equipment, ensuring efficient turnover of spaces as requested by hirers, and includes assisting the Technical Coordinator in venue maintenance and set ups for performances as required. See information on The Cube Wodonga here
Key aspects of the role include the following.
- Efficiently set up as directed.
- Efficiently carry out set-up and pack-up of tables, chairs and other required furniture for spaces within the venue and courtyard, according to the needs of hirers as directed.
- General housekeeping and maintenance on the venue as instructed and safe to do so.
- Follow venue procedures and directions within event specific documentation to ensure consistent set up of events.
- Completion of internal checklists for set ups as required.
- Work within OH&S policies and risk management procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and all other users of the venue. Notifying a senior staff member in a timely manner regarding issues.
Key Selection Criteria:
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us the following.
- Positive Work Ethic: Demonstrates a positive attitude, follows instructions willingly, and completes tasks as directed.
- Proactive Problem Solver: Displays initiative and motivation, utilising creative thinking within the role's general duties.
- Effective Communication: Communicates professionally with various stakeholders, including commercial and community clients, the general public, contractors, and fellow council staff.
- Physical Capability: Exhibits physical fitness and strength to undertake manual tasks involved in event setups and pack downs.
- Organisational Proficiency: Possesses strong organisational skills, effectively managing time and planning workloads independently.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the “apply” button to commence your application.
Applicants will be required to upload two documents.
- A brief cover letter addressing the key selection criteria as outlined above
- A current resume
Prior to commencement, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following.
- A copy of a recent National Police Check (less than 3 months)
- A current driver’s licence
- Any other mandatory requirements outlined in the position description (e.g. first aid, CPR, WWCC, forklift).
The completion of a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by the council) also be required.
If applicable, evidence regarding right to work in Australia will need to be presented.
Technical Coordinator - The Cube Wodonga – Rod Phillips – (02) 6022 9333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11.59pm, 21 February, 2024.
Position description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including:
- Employee health and wellbeing programs;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Learning and development; and,
- Career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and, people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you to submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.