Population Health and Wellbeing Coordinator
- Permanent Part time | 4 days per week
- Salary starting at $42.65 per hour plus superannuation
- Flexible work options will be considered
What we offer:
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options including working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
About Wodonga Council
Wodonga Council is dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values-driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams which benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Read more about life in Wodonga: here or visit our website here.
The Population Health Coordinator is responsible for designing, coordinating and implementing a diverse range of projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing the health and wellbeing of Wodonga residents, while also actively working to reduce health inequalities.
The Coordinator will engage internal and external stakeholders, undertake research, leverage partnerships and collaboration, devise new opportunities and deliver initiatives that achieve health and wellbeing objectives and strategically align with Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing plan.
In this role, there is a strong emphasis on managing project timelines, budgets, evaluation and reporting; with a key focus on pursuing partnerships and funding opportunities.
Key aspects of the role include the following:
- Oversee various population health and wellbeing projects throughout their lifecycle, from project planning to implementation, including tracking deliverables, managing budgets, and conducting evaluations and reporting.
- Contribute to health and social planning through data analysis and research, aiming to foster innovative ideas and implement best practices that significantly improve social outcomes.
- Play an active role in health planning and research initiatives, contributing valuable insights and expertise to enhance the overall impact and effectiveness of these endeavors.
- Actively engage in developing partnerships and collaborations, both internally and externally. This involves working closely with various stakeholders to ensure a collective and impactful approach to community health and wellbeing initiatives.
Key Selection Criteria:
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us the following.
Qualification: A degree or diploma in public health, health promotion, community development, or a related field, coupled with relevant work experience.
Project Management Expertise: Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple population health and wellbeing projects across all phases, including stakeholder engagement, project implementation, deliverable tracking, budget management, and evaluation/reporting.
Organisational skills Well-developed organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and priorities, manage time and work effectively to achieve outcomes within set timeframes.
Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement: Ability to facilitate collaborative, integrated responses to meet project objectives, ensure clear partnership responsibilities, and form strategic partnerships. Collaborative skills should extend to working both within the organisation and with the broader community to drive policies and strategies.
Communication: Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain complex information in both written and verbal forms, tailored to the needs of diverse groups and stakeholders.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the “apply” button to commence your application.
Applicants will be required to upload three documents.
A document addressing the key selection criteria as outlined above (support on how to address this criteria can be found here)
- A brief cover letter
- A current resume
Prior to commencement, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following.
- A copy of a recent National Police Check (less than 3 months)
- A current driver’s licence
- Any other mandatory requirements outlined in the position description (eg. first aid, CPR, WWCC, forklift).
The completion of a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by the council) might also be required.
If applicable, evidence regarding right to work in Australia will need to be presented.
Team Leader Population Health and Community Wellbeing - Anthea Maher – (02) 6022 9280 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11.59pm, Monday November 27, 2023.
Position description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including:
- Employee health and wellbeing programs;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Learning and development; and,
- Career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and, people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you to submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.