Business Improvement Officer
- Full time - Permanent role
- Salary starting at $84,273 plus superannuation
- Great work-life balance | Flexible working options available
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options including working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values-driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams which benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
The Business Improvement Officer works alongside the Team Leader and is responsible for supporting the implementation of Council’s Service Management Framework. The role will work collaboratively across the organisation, particularly with the Information Services Team, in a business partnering capacity to map, validate and analyse services. The Officer will provide specialist advice to promote a growth mindset for continuous improvement and efficient service delivery. This role is an active participant in design workshops, conducting in-depth research and analysis of processes to identify opportunities for efficiency gains through process re-engineering.
Key aspects of the role include the following
- Drive and oversee the delivery and embedding of a framework that ensures Council is delivering customer centric, high-quality experiences and service that meets customer expectations and builds trust and confidence in Council
- Work with business units to define, design and undertake the mapping of their business processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency gains, increased effectiveness and business improvement
- Perform research and analysis to integrate best practice into business processes and make recommendations for organisational improvement initiatives
- Support medium to complex level projects and teams through continuous improvement projects and initiatives, including defining project scope, collecting, measuring and analysing data and determining solutions, including risk management of identified risks
- Co-design, collaboratively identify, implement, and evaluate Council business improvement projects
- Undertake research and analysis to integrate best practice into business processes and make recommendations in relation to organisational improvement initiatives
- Manage assigned projects within the Business Improvement program to successful and timely completion, within budget, and in accordance with Council’s strategies, policies and guidelines
Key Selection Criteria:
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us the following.
- Tertiary qualifications, such as a degree or diploma, and/or relevant experience in continuous improvement, change management and/or project management.
- Demonstrated high level ability to develop relationships across all levels, establishing trust and cooperation to support the implementation of change.
- Demonstrated high quality analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a project team to achieve organisational objectives and sustainable outcomes.
- Proven understanding and experience of project management, change management, continuous improvement methodologies.
- High level analytical, oral and written communication skills for analysing, reviewing, organisational communication, presenting, and report writing.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the “apply” button to commence your application.
Applicants will be required to upload three documents.
- A document addressing the key selection criteria as outlined above (support on how to address this criteria can be found here)
- A brief cover letter
- A current resume
Prior to commencement, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following.
- A copy of a recent National Police Check (less than 3 months)
- A current driver’s licence
- Any other mandatory requirements outlined in the position description (eg. first aid, CPR, WWCC, forklift).
- The completion of a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by the council) might also be required.
If applicable, evidence regarding right to work in Australia will need to be presented.
Manager Business Services – Kylie Gillison– (02) 6048 4540 | email@example.com
Applications close 11.59pm, Monday 27, November 2023.
Poition Description below.
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including:
- Employee health and wellbeing programs;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Learning and development; and,
- Career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and, people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you to submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.