Team Leader Business Improvement
- Full time - Permanent Leadership role
- Salary starting at $108,499 plus superannuation
- Great work-life balance | Flexible working options available
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options including working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values-driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams which benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
The Team Leader Business Improvement is responsible for leading the implementation of the Council's Service Management Framework. The focus is on driving a continuous improvement approach within the organisation to support customer-centric service delivery, operational results, decision making, and culture. This role involves collaborating across different business areas, particularly with the Information Services Team, to assess, validate, and analyse services and business processes.
The Team Leader Business Improvement is responsible for providing specialist advice to internal stakeholders, such as Managers and the Executive, on best practices and evidence-informed approaches for business improvement, change management, and service management. Additionally, the role includes overseeing the Business Improvement team to ensure a high-performing, collaborative environment that effectively contributes to customer-centric service delivery, decision-making, and organizational culture.
This role will partner with business areas to co-design and implement business solutions that optimise Council services, making them strategic, future-focused, and sustainable.
Key aspects of the role include the following:
- Driving and overseeing the delivery and embedding of a framework that ensures Council is delivering customer centric, high-quality experiences and service that meets customer expectations and builds trust and confidence in Council.
- Influencing and providing specialist advice to internal stakeholders, including Managers and Executive, on best practice and evidence-informed approaches for business improvement, change management, and service management.
- Managing the Business Improvement team to ensure a high performing, collaborative team, working effectively across the organisation to enable customer centric service delivery, decision making and culture
- Manage medium to complex level projects and teams through continuous improvement projects and initiatives, including defining project scope, collecting, measuring and analysing data and determining solutions, including risk management Develop, facilitate, and evaluate workshops, effectively analysing outcomes and delivering recommendations to diverse business units within the council.
- Support strategic direction by understanding the organisation’s service delivery environment, team goals, and the link between operational tasks, departmental obligations and organisational goals.
- Develop a high-level understanding of business needs across the organisation and being proactive in identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
- Lead and facilitate the delivery of Business Improvement projects using appropriate project management models and complementary change management methodology, to successful and timely completion, within budget, and in accordance with Council’s strategies, policies and guidelines
Key Selection Criteria:
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us the following:
- Tertiary qualifications, such as a degree or diploma, and relevant experience in continuous improvement, change management, project management, or business management or similar
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate Service Planning and Service Reviews process, and drive a continuous improvement approach across an organisation to support customer centric service delivery, operational results, decision making and culture
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate the delivery of Business Improvement projects using appropriate project management models and complementary change management methodology, to successful and timely completion, within budget, and in accordance with organisational strategies, policies and guidelines
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and creating an achievement-focused, high-performing team culture
- Demonstrated ability to influence and obtain cooperation, support, and assistance from various stakeholders, to support change implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using business applications, Microsoft Office and/or Microsoft 365 suite, and specialised information management systems, and ability to learn and adapt to using new systems
- High level analytical, oral and written communication skills for analysing, reviewing, organisational communication, presenting, and report writing
- Knowledge of Design Thinking and Human Centred Design methodologies
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the “apply” button to commence your application.
Applicants will be required to upload three documents.
- A document addressing the key selection criteria as outlined above (support on how to address this criteria can be found here)
- A brief cover letter
- A current resume
Prior to commencement, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following.
- A copy of a recent National Police Check (less than 3 months)
- A current driver’s licence
- Any other mandatory requirements outlined in the position description (eg. first aid, CPR, WWCC, forklift).
- The completion of a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by the council) might also be required.
If applicable, evidence regarding right to work in Australia will need to be presented.
Manager Business Services – Kylie Gillison– (02) 6048 4540 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11.59pm, Monday 27, November 2023.
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including:
- Employee health and wellbeing programs;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Learning and development; and,
- Career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and, people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you to submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.