- Full Time - Permanent
- Salary starting at $84,273 plus superannuation
- Great work - life balance | Flexible working options available
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options to balance our work and personal commitments including options such as working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
The Infrastructure Engineer will assist in the effective and efficient operation of council’s Projects and Design team undertaking engineering investigations, project development, survey and design, construction supervision, project management and associated works to achieve the objectives of the Council Plan and the successful delivery of the annual capital works program.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Prepare accurate drawings, works schedules, estimates and technical specifications for infrastructure projects including road construction, road renewal, reseal and asphalt works, footpath and cycle paths, drainage works, and any other civil works associated with local government
- Undertake project supervision and contract administration of engineering works
- Manage projects to ensure they are delivered on time, on budget and within the approved timeframes.
- Ensure assets delivered by council are provided to the assets team in a format to enable capture within council’s asset management system
- Assist with the undertaking of risk assessments for all proposed programs in consultation with the relevant manager and risk manager.
- Ensure construction includes agreed features to minimise future risk.
Key Selection Criteria:
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us their:
- A Degree in Civil Engineering, and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development, detailed design, delivery and project management of civil construction works relevant to local government
- Ability to utilise information technology systems including AutoCad, Civil Site Design (or equivalent), Word, Excel, GIS, and other relevant IT systems
- Highly effective communication skills both oral and written, with excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage own time, set priorities and organise self to achieve specific objectives as required
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the ‘apply’ button to commence your application.
Applicants will be required to upload three documents;
- a document addressing the key selection criteria as outlined above (support on how to address this criteria can be found here),
- a brief cover letter, and
- a current resume.
Prior to commencement, the successful applicant will be required to provide the following:
- Current Drivers Licence
- National Police Check (required to be supplied by the employee or prospective employee prior to commencement)
- Produce evidence of COVID19 vaccination, or evidence of an exemption, to comply with any applicable Victorian Chief Health Officer direction prior to commencement.
The completion of a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by Council) may also be required.
If applicable, evidence regarding right to work in Australia will need to be presented.
Conwae Waldegrave-Knight – Senior Infrastructure Engineer– (02) 6022 9230 | email@example.com
Applications close 11:59pm, Monday September 26, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.