- Part time, 12 months contract (13 hours per week)
- Enjoy a great work/life balance
- Salary starting at $33.17 per hour plus super
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
Are you interested in Sports and Recreation? Do you thrive in a dynamic role where you can undertake a wide range of tasks and duties including providing administrative support to a small team?
About the Role
As the Recreation Assistant you will support the Sport and Recreation team in the planning, management and delivery of services to the community. This will include a variety of administration processes and relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The role will see you assist across the full breadth of Sports and Recreation.
Key aspects of the role include:
- In consultation with the Sport and Recreation team, coordinate the production of information and promotional material that highlights the sport, recreational and physical activity achievements and activities across the community;
- Support the team in facilitating the effective provision, allocation, access and use by the community of the council’s sporting grounds and facilities;
- Participate in encouraging community involvement in recreation facilities, programs and services by providing support to team initiatives and supporting the continued development of local groups and organisations;
- Under the direction of the supervisor, provide administrative support in the review process of council’s sports facility governance processes;
What you will bring (key selection criteria)
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us the following key selection criteria:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Sport and Recreation;
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to engage with community and key stakeholders;
- Strong time management skills and your ability to troubleshoot, set priorities and forecast one’s own work schedule; and
- Sound knowledge and experience in using Council systems (Pathway, bookings management and maintenance entries and requests).
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see ‘What you will bring’ qualities above) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, and a Current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Applications close Monday June 5, 2023.
Enquiries: Team Leader Sport & Recreation - Ryan McNamara | 0466 530 782 | RMcNamara@wodonga.vic.gov.au
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.