- Full Time – Permanent position
- Salary starting at $70,124.08 per annum plus superannuation
- Enjoy a great work/life balance
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
You will have the opportunity to build and maintain strong relationships with local businesses and industry to encourage investment in the region. You will also contribute to the successful identification and delivery of economic development projects and initiatives to support the achievement of Council’s strategic objectives.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Establish and maintain relationships with local business and industry to support positive and productive engagement with council, and economic development within the municipality.
- Respond to business and investment enquiries and the related provision of information in a timely manner.
- Assist in development, marketing, and co-ordination of workshops and events to engage and activate business in Wodonga, including attendance outside of office hours.
- Undertake research and analysis of economic and employment data to inform decision making.
What you will bring (key selection criteria)
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Knowledge of the principles of business and/or economic development.
- The ability to collect and analyse data, present reports and make recommendations.
- A degree in business, marketing, commerce, planning, economics or a related discipline or experience in an economic development/ business development role.
- A passion for building business and industry networks for the betterment of the local community.
- Strong written communication skills, and demonstrated experience preparing small- and large-scale documents across a range of topics and contexts.
- Experience in Local Government is desirable. Transferable experience in similar organisations will also be considered.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence prior to employment
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, 5 June, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.