Environmental Health Officer - Temporary
- Full-time or Part-time position (negotiable) - 3 month contract
- Salary starting at $82,620.20 plus superannuation
- Meaningful work with a community focus
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
The Environmental Health Officer contributes to delivering a range of public and environmental health services and programs that aim to protect and promote health, prevent the incidence of infectious diseases and safeguard the environment, and ensure administration and enforcement of statutory requirements.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Provide expert advice in a timely manner on environmental health matters;
- Participate in inspection programs of registrable premises and follow up non-compliant issues in a timely manner;
- Liaise and consult with external departments to investigate and control infectious diseases;
- Investigate and assess complaints received referring to alleged nuisances and initiate appropriate action in accordance with council procedures.
What you will bring (key selection criteria)
To be successful, you will be passionate about the health and wellbeing of the community. Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in environmental health;
- Experience in environmental health matters, including but not limited to food, public health, nuisances, tobacco, Wastewater management systems, immunisation and vector control and a working knowledge of relevant legislation, and local government practices;
- Highly developed communication skills – verbal and written, including experience in preparing correspondence and other documents;
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills;
- Competent in Microsoft programs, record management systems, Streatrader etc. or be able to demonstrate the ability to learn to use new systems quickly.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see key selection above) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, a Pre-employment Functional Assessment and Current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Hayley Carmichael – Team Leader Environmental Health| 0478 474 672 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, May 29, 2023.
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.