Team Leader Communications
- Full-time, ongoing leadership position
- Salary starting at $92,099.28 plus superannuation
- Join a supportive and progressive team
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
As the Team Leader Communications, you will identify, plan, and facilitate opportunities to promote Wodonga Council and develop Wodonga’s image through traditional media and online channels.
Leading a small team, this role will work across the organisation to identify stories and activities to promote the work of Wodonga Council to the community and key stakeholders, producing accurate and effective communications for a range of channels and audiences.
Key aspects of the role include the following.
- Providing strategic advice and training to councillors, the Executive team and the council staff on communication and media matters
- Implementing relevant actions from the strategies and plans relating to media, social media and communications activities
- Developing communications plans for council activities, programs and campaigns
- Playing a key role in identifying media opportunities and communicating distinct messages to diverse audiences
- Preparing, co-ordinating and disseminating a range of communications to internal and external audiences.
What you will bring
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for Council.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following Key selection criteria.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in online communication channels and strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the operations of the print and electronic media and experience in identifying story opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a communications advisory capacity to staff at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise requests, review priorities and reorganise workloads to achieve professional responsibilities with agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrated excellent communications, professional writing and customer focus skills.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents.
- A cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see key selection criteria above)
- A current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Victorian Working With Children Check, a copy of a National Police Check, and Current Driver’s Licence prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Manager Communications, Marketing and Customer Focus - Kellie Davies | 0418 657 746 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 11:59pm, Monday April 17.
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.