Team Leader Financial Accounting
- Permanent | Leadership role
- Salary starting at $106,371 plus superannuation
- Great work - life balance | Flexible working options available
Are you ready to lead a team to deliver an exciting agenda?
Are you looking for an organisation that supports staff through career development and flexible work options?
Do you want to escape the city life and experience the regional lifestyle?
Wodonga Council supports its staff in accessing genuine flexible work and leave options to balance our work and personal commitments including options such as working from home, flexible start and finish times, paid parental leave arrangements and purchasing additional leave.
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this role will lead a team responsible for functions including accounts payable and receivable, financial accounting and revenue management. We are looking for an experienced accountant with proven leadership qualities, with a strong focus on team culture and staff development. The Team Leader will engage with a range of stakeholders such as council staff, councillors, contractors, auditors, committee members and suppliers.
Key aspects of the role include:
- leading the Financial Accounting Team in the provision of high quality financial and statutory reporting;
- prepare and co-ordinate annual financial statements and other publications;
- adhering to all relevant accounting standards and legislation, regulations, policies and procedures;
- coordinate the provision of information and relationship with external auditors; and
- ensure that appropriate systems and controls are in place and are regularly reviewed and tested.
What you will bring
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us their:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and/or Financial Management and Membership of a recognised Accounting body with a minimum of five years’ experience in a senior financial accounting role;
- Expertise in computer based financial systems and spreadsheeting;
- Successful record of preparation and coordination of annual financial statements;
- Proven leadership experience to motivate, develop and mentor individuals and a team with an ability to develop a climate of trust and confidence thereby encouraging ‘two way’ communication and team work;
- Effective time management and forward planning skills, plus the ability to prioritise and organise workloads in an environment of change and conflicting demand;
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, incorporating liaison, influencing, negotiation, analytical, problem resolution and written communication; and
- Exceptional customer focused service delivery for positive workplace outcomes.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see "what you will bring” above) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, and a current Drivers Licence.
Natasha Donohue – Manager Finance | 0466 942 198 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:59pm, Monday 17 April, 2023.
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
employee health and wellbeing programs,
flexible work arrangements,
learning and development, and
career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.