- Work in a creative environment with a passionate team
- Collaborate to deliver exciting events and experiences
- Full-time ongoing role | $77,487 per annum including superannuation
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
Our Events Team develops, delivers and supports a program of events for our community to enjoy. The team takes a creative approach to ensure that diverse community needs are met, and the Events Officer works as a member of this team to coordinate activities that engage and enrich community experience.
As the Events Officer, you will:
- Manage and deliver a portfolio of Council events within the City of Wodonga, including, booking of venues, sourcing entertainment, stalls and food vendors, and operational delivery of the event.
- Work closely with the community and the Events Team to identify opportunities relevant to events that result in positive community involvement.
- Undertake administrative tasks, manage community bookings, coordinate logistics and liaise with stakeholders to deliver great outcomes.
- This role will suit someone that enjoys hands on delivery of events in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is excited to bring enjoyment and pleasure to the community.
What you will bring
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in events, hospitality or tourism or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- The ability to advise council and the community on the development and implementation of events.
- Broad knowledge of OHS and Risk Management as it relates to events.
- Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders, and enable the resolution of complex problems.
- Ability to effectively manage time and priorities to achieve set objectives in an efficient manner.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence, and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement. It is preferred that First Aid and CPR certification is also held, although this is not mandatory.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by Council).
Enquiries: Team Leader Events – Paige Dalley | (02) 6048 4509 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, March 20, 2023
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.