Team Leader Waste Management
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
About the role
This is a new, senior role that will lead the team responsible for a broad portfolio of work and programs that deliver on Council’s waste management agenda.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Oversight and direction for the effective operation of the Resource Recovery Centre and associated waste-management functions.
- Develop and implement sound waste minimisation strategies and promote best practice within our community, including the Waste Management Strategy 2019 - 2023 and take a leading role in the revision of this strategy.
- Liaise with and provide advice to various stakeholders such as government bodies, community, staff and contractors to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of Waste Management services whilst complying with all relevant legislative requirements.
- If you're a leader looking for a diverse role in the Waste Management industry, then we'd love to hear from you.
What you will bring
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us their:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Demonstrated experience developing, guiding and implementing waste management strategies within a similar sized organisation.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with a proven ability to use initiative, investigate issues, collect and analyse data and make recommendations on solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide staff leadership and be an effective member of a wider team.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage health and safety systems in a similar work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and manage substantial operating and capital budgets.
- Substantial experience in managing, and negotiating within, large and complex contracts.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the ‘apply’ button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see our ideal candidate qualities above) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to;
- successfully complete a pre-employment functional assessment,
- provide a copy of a National Police Check and
- provide a copy of a Current Drivers Licence.
Leon Schultz – Director Planning, Development and Infrastructure | (02) 6022 9255 | email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, 03 April, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.