At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
This role supports the service operations through the provision of safe, educational and caring environments where kindergarten children are encouraged to reach their individual potential in all areas of child development.
Working as part of a team, our Kindergarten Educators support the smooth running of operations in accordance with the National Quality Framework and the National Care and Education Regulations.
If you are ready to bring your passion for children’s care and education to the team, we would love to hear from you!
What you will bring
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us their:
- Successful completion of a Diploma of Children's Services preferred (minimum requirement Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care).
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, colleagues and other community members.
- Initiative when working as an effective member of a team or when undertaking independent tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of the National Quality Framework.
- If you are a great team player, quick to develop good relationships, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes, you will fit right-in.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the ‘apply’ button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing suitability for the position and
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence, First Aid and CPR certification and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment (paid for by Council).
Enquiries: Manager Early Years and Family Services – Nic Byrne | 0481 913 503 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, March 20, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.