At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
The Customer Focus Team aim to provide a positive customer experience for community members by achieving first-time resolution for queries. As a Customer Focus Officer, you are the first point of call for members of the community contacting Council and to be effective in the role, you will have a genuine desire to respond and make a difference.
Customer Focus Officers provide a range of services including:
- In-person reception duties at our front desk.
- Responding to queries over the phone, via email or online chat.
- Cash handling duties such as receipt and reconciliation of customer payments.
- Lodging electronic customer requests for service to appropriate officers and providing feedback to customers where required.
If you enjoy working in a team dedicated to providing quality service, we’d like to hear from you.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you:
- Have relevant qualifications in customer engagement/business administration or demonstrated experience in a customer service or contact centre role.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to communicate with customers, staff and members of the public.
- A team player with good people skills who understands how to build strong working relationships.
- Well-developed computer skills and adaptability in using a variety of computerised systems.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision-making skills.
How to Apply
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence.
Enquiries: Customer Focus Coordinator – Lynda Huon | (02) 6022 9342 | email@example.com
Applications close Friday 11:59pm, February 3, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.