At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation.
We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time; talk to us about hybrid working arrangements and flexible work patterns!
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
The Manager Project Design and Delivery will lead the short, medium and long-term planning and development of the City’s infrastructure to stimulate the growth of the City. Through the effective leadership of the Project Design and Delivery Unit, the Manager will implement and manage a range of infrastructure projects, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, Council policies and budgets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the implementation of measures identified in the Council Plan relative to the Project Design and Delivery Unit and participate in developing corporate objectives on an ongoing basis.
- Play an integral part of any formed Project Control Group and other multi-disciplinary teams and contribute to the development of the Corporate Plan.
- Provide high quality professional advice to the Executive Team and provide ongoing support to the Director Planning, Development & Infrastructure.
- Liaise and negotiate with the service authorities and Government departments to ensure that Wodonga receives the best outcomes.
We are looking for a leader that can bring a visionary approach to the development and implementation of Council’s infrastructure projects. If this sounds appealing, we would like to hear from you.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering or project management and significant relevant experience, preferably in local government.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, apply sound judgement and show political nous.
- Excellent technical, communication and management skills.
- The ability to build effective working relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in business and organisational planning, high level report writing and administrative skills.
- Must hold, or be eligible to obtain and then obtain, registration as a professional engineer with Business Licensing Authority in Victoria.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence.
Enquiries: Director Planning, Development and Infrastructure – Leon Schultz | 0408 375 321 | email@example.com
Applications close 11:00am Monday, February 6, 2023.
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.