At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation.
We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change. We support hybrid working arrangements and flexible work patterns, such as rostered days off and varied starts and finish times; let's talk about what will work for you.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Design Team of our Infrastructure and Projects Branch at Wodonga Council. The Design Engineer will assist in the effective and efficient operation of council’s projects and design team undertaking investigations, survey and design, development, approval and supervision, project management and associated works to achieve the objectives of the Council Plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing engineering designs, specifications, tender documents, estimates of costs and investigation reports that are thorough and produced according to schedule and recognised standards.
- Undertaking project supervision and contract administration of engineering works, contracts and projects, including participating in risk assessments.
- Preparing accurate drawings, works schedules, estimates and technical specifications for infrastructure projects including road construction works, road renewal works, reseal and asphalt works, footpath and cycle paths, drainage works, and any other civil works associated with local government.
- Responding to Customer Service Requests (CSR’s) and general engineering enquiries from the public as required.
If you are keen to learn and grow professionally, we'd like to hear from you!
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- A Degree in Civil Engineering, and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in or the ability to develop skills in municipal design and supervision of the construction of local government infrastructure.
- Ability to utilise information technology systems including AutoCad, Civil Site Design or similar design software, Word, Excel, GIS, and other relevant IT systems.
- Ability to manage own time, set priorities and organise to achieve specific objectives as required despite conflicting tasks.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Senior Design Engineer – John Luftensteiner | 0408 350 494 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:59pm, February 10, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at email@example.com.