- A rare leadership opportunity
- Full time ongoing role | Salary dependent on experience
- Join a growing service and support our community
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
The Educational Leader will plan, supervise, implement and evaluate a quality kindergarten program within their service. They will comply with the Educational and Care Services National Regulations 2011 and the National Quality Framework standards. They will use leadership strategies to ensure the team provides a safe, educational and caring environment.
As a service leader, the Educational Leader will mentor and support staff in their capability and career development. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills are essential for this role.
Some of the duties of the role include:
- Planning, implementing and evaluating the program's effectiveness in catering for individual children and group needs by recording children’s progress, learning and development, and reflecting on the progress at the end of each term.
- Keeping parents informed of the early years program by documenting and displaying the program, outlining the learning objectives and goals of the program and actively seeking input from parents into program development.
- Supervise and direct teachers and educators in appropriate work with children, and in the preparation and maintenance of the kindergarten surrounds and equipment.
- Conduct professional development and enhancement program plans and annual reviews with kindergarten teachers and educators as required.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- A Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) with a Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration.
- Excellent understanding of policies, procedures and regulations relevant to the provision of the service
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence parents and team members.
- The ability to adapt to new concepts and ideas in relation to the early years unit.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Manager Early Years and Family Services - Nicole Byrne | 0481 913 503 | email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, December 12, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
We welcome applications from veterans and defence families. If you are a veteran and would like to discuss how your skills may transfer across, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.