At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
The Asset Officer is responsible for undertaking defect, maintenance and condition inspections (proactive and reactive) to ensure assets are kept and maintained according to applicable standards. Other key responsibilities include organising works to address issues and providing assistance (including advice) to council officers to perform their functions related to the services delivered using council assets.
This is a dynamic role that involves working across all areas of council, including attending various sites and amenities.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Relevant qualifications in building management/asset management or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Experience in asset inspections, defect audits, data collection and the development of asset management and maintenance plans.
- Excellent understanding of contemporary asset management and maintenance processes.
- Sound adaptive digital technology skills, including asset information systems, databases and geographic information systems.
- Proven ability to use sound decision making process to produce forward works programs.
- Demonstrated experience in writing reports and understanding contractor reports.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
How to Apply
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Manager Finance - Natasha Donohue | 0466 942 198 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, January 9, 2023
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.