- Recruiting for a single person with two roles to choose from
- Salary dependent on experience
- Enjoy a great work/life balance
Please note this is a recruitment for a single vacancy within the planning team. Applicants can apply for either position as they see fit. The Band 5 Statutory Planner role will be suitable for new graduates or those at the start of their career. The Band 6 position will be suitable for applicants with several years of experience.
Please indicate which position you are applying for in your application.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
Statutory Planners assess and determine planning permit applications that involve council. As a member of the Planning team you will be expected to:
- Respond to and provide advice and recommendations on a wide range of planning matters.
- Build relationships with the development community in order to enhance the physical and natural environment of the city.
- Assist in the preparation of submissions by other officers at VCAT.
- Represent the council at developer forums, planning consultation meetings, mediation sessions and other information provision forums.
- Brief the council and the council’s executive on planning proposals.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the statutory planning service through positive participation as a team member.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- A tertiary qualification in town planning with experience in the planning sector. Experience within a Victorian local government setting is desirable.
- Sound understanding of the principles and practices of town planning in a local government setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to communicate and liaise with internal external customers and resolution of planning matters.
- Ability to contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the statutory planning service through positive participation as a team member.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work, both independently and as part of a team, to achieve set objectives despite conflicting pressures.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Team Leader Statutory Planning - Kathryn Oswald | 0435 276 190 | email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, December 12, 2022
Position Description below. Both the Band 5 and Band 6 roles are included in the attachment.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.