- Full time ongoing role | From $101,769 per annum including superannuation
- Work with a great team in one of the fastest growing areas in Victoria
- Great work/life balance
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
Strategic Planners assist in ensuring that Wodonga is planned in a manner that maintains the lifestyle enjoyed by residents and visitors. This is achieved through a planning approach that promotes growth, sustainable development and quality land use outcomes.
Some of the duties of the role include:
- Assist in the preparation of land use strategy plans, structure plans and development plans for the future development and growth of Wodonga.
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with land owners, key developer groups, internal Council teams and government agencies to ensure project delivery is effective and coordinated across stakeholders.
- Assist the general community with enquires in regard to strategic planning projects, planning scheme amendments and development plans.
- As required, prepare Council reports, submissions, panel reports and regular project performance reports.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in town planning or in a relevant field. A thorough knowledge, understanding and experience with Victorian planning and development processes.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in strategic and/or statutory planning or in related fields. Experience within a Victorian local government setting advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and handling diverse and complex strategic planning and/or consultancy projects.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills including experience in presenting to groups and individuals. Experience preparing for and presenting to a Planning Panel is advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work, both independently and as part of a team, to achieve set objectives.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence.
Enquiries: Manager Planning and Building - Simon Maughan | 0400 886 344 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 11:59pm, December 08, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.