Finance Officer (Rates Administration)
- Permanent part-time | From $35.49 per hour plus super
- Three days per week| Flexible work options considered
- Enjoy a great work/life balance
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
Reporting to the Team Leader Financial Accounting the role will have a particular focus on ensuring the efficient collection of all monies due to council, and the accurate maintenance of council’s property, rating and valuation data.
Some of the duties include:
- Provide high level administrative support to the Revenue Administrator.
- Assist in the production of annual rate notices, instalment notices, and supplementary rate notices.
- Research relevant legislation, policies and procedures and respond to rate and property related requests.
- Provide general administrative support to the finance team.
What you will bring
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop relationships, is organised and has a keen eye for detail.
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Previous experience in the finance discipline including general finance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the collection of monies.
- Advanced and current experience in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
- Experience in rating and/or collection procedures.
- Experience in the use of the Pathway computer system and the Exponare GIS product (desirable).
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Manager Finance - Natasha Donohue | 0466 942 198 | email@example.com
Applications close 11:59pm, Wednesday 29 November 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.