- Salary starting at $77,487 per annum including superannuation
- Full time ongoing position | Graduates with demonstrated experience encouraged to apply
- Join an amazing team and experience great work/life balance
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
The Marketing Officer resides in the Communications and Marketing team and assists business units within council to plan, develop and implement marketing plans to support their business objectives. This support also includes analysing metrics and insights to provide feedback on the performance of tools.
The Marketing Officer is also responsible for designing and producing a range of digital and printed materials, including newsletters, posters, flyers and digital assets. An ability to build and maintain relationships across council will be critical for the success of this role.
Some of the duties of the role include:
- Co-ordinating advertising requirements;
- Sourcing merchandise;
- Organising photography and filming;
- Assisting with the co-ordination of signage requirements;
- Assisting with the co-ordination of the council’s flags and street banner programs; and,
- Managing council’s image database and image requests.
We are looking for applications with initiative who can show us they have:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing marketing plans.
- Demonstrated experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience in working with direct mail, survey and analytics online platforms.
- Time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work with minimal supervision to achieve set objectives.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here); and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence.
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, November 28 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.