Parks Trade Assistant
- From $68,188 per annum including superannuation
- Full time | 12-month limited tenure
- Enjoy the fresh air and a great work/life balance
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
Our Parks and Natural Resources Team undertake a broad range of activities that beautify and maintain a number of outdoor spaces in Wodonga. As a Parks Trade Assistant, you will be working on various horticultural, mowing and maintenance activities within parks and gardens, playgrounds, roads maintenance, roads construction and natural resources.
Duties may include:
- Using whipper snippers, mowing lawns with push and ride on lawnmowers
- Chemical spraying, pulling weeds and clearing areas of debris
- Planting garden beds and landscape maintenance
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of ride on mowers/tractors and other plant and tools used to maintain parks, reserves, open space and garden beds.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, as well as successfully undertaking tasks individually.
- Previous experience in horticultural maintenance and activities, including the use and application of chemicals.
- Knowledge of relevant OHS policies, procedures and legislation and experience in applying OHS principles in a workplace setting.
How to Apply
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, provide a copy of a National Police Check and a Current Drivers Licence
Enquiries: Manager Outdoor Operations - Andrew Griffiths | 0407 150 813 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Tuesday 11:59pm, November 22, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.