Kindergarten Administration Assistant
- Part time | Up to 38 hours per week | Flexible options available
- From $33.17 per hour | 12-month limited tenure
- Enjoy a great work/life balance
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a value driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council run and maintain six kindergartens locally. The Kindergarten Administration Assistant supports the Early Years and Family Services team by providing administration support which enable our teachers and educators to focus on developing our young children.
General duties will include:
- Process kindergarten enrolments and allocation within Early Years Enrolment Procedural guidelines under guidance.
- Complete administration tasks as directed by the Kindergarten Coordinator and Early Years Team Leader.
- Provide accurate information in response to customer enquiries or referring callers to appropriate officers where required.
- Operating within a dynamic environment, the Administrative Assistant delivers courteous and responsive customer service to kindergarten employees as well as members of our community where required.
If this sounds like you, and you enjoy work that is meaningful and helpful to others, we’d love to hear from you.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Good verbal and written communication skills to communicate with customers, staff and members of the public.
- Well-developed computer skills and adaptability in using a variety of computerised systems.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and decision-making skills.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Early Years Coordinator– Romina Lougoon| (02) 6048 4515 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:59pm, November 22, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.