Installation Technical Officer
- Casual rate from $41.47
- Install and maintain exhibits in our amazing Hyphen Gallery
- Support the display of art and culture in our local community
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
We are proud of our facilities, our team and our local artists and we believe that everyone in our community deserves to experience art and culture. The Installation Technical Officer provides a vital service in this vision through the installation and maintenance of art exhibits in the Hyphen Gallery building.
The duties of this role include:
- Installing artwork as directed by Hyphen’s curator.
- Installing exhibit lighting and projectors.
- Working with the Programming Team to construct exhibition design elements
- Adhering to relevant OHS policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and members of the public.
- Performing condition reporting of artwork and other appropriate administration as required.
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Relevant qualifications or experience in installing art work in an exhibition gallery;
- Experience in lighting artworks.
- Experience in AV technology and/or hands on experience with patching and painting walls, general carpentry .
- Proven ability to follow instructions and work according to established processes.
- Ability to provide good customer service and ensure the quality of work outputs.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Team Leader Hyphen Programs - Karen Gardner | 0478 308 595 | email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, October 3, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.