External Audit and Risk Committee Member
- Do you have experience in public sector financial management?
- Three year contract available
- Support the community by providing strategic oversight of public resources
Audit and Risk Committees are critical in local government to help deliver trust and confidence in financial reporting, assurance over operations and compliance and risk management. The Wodonga Council Audit and Risk Committee’s responsibilities are wider than just financial reporting oversight with a remit to oversee risk, emerging risk, compliance, improvement, fraud, ethics and culture considerations, all key factors that drive its effectiveness.
The committee’s approach is governed by four key principles being transparency, good communication, diverse composition and efficient and effective ways of working. The committee consists of three independent external members and one councillor representative, supported by relevant council staff.
The Committee will meet at least four times a year, with authority to convene additional meetings as circumstances require. For further information please see the Wodonga City Council Audit and Risk Committee Charter available on the careers portal below.
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Availability to be appointed for a three year term.
- Expertise in financial management, reporting and risk management and experience in public sector management.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check.
Enquiries: Narelle Klein | 0428 860 406 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday 11:59pm, October 6, 2022
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.