Building Construction Supervisor
- Have you ever considered a career in local government?
- Salary starting at $91,295 per annum including superannuation
- Join a progressive and high performing team, transforming our city
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
Working within the relevant legislation, the Building and Construction Supervisor works with the Projects and Design Team and provides supervision for asset renewal and building construction projects. As an interface between numerous stakeholders, the Building Construction Supervisor plays a key role in communicating expectations and progress to a range of Council staff and external parties which will often involve an ability to translate industry speak to easy-to-understand language.
Key duties of the role include:
- Provide technical advice to Council staff and consultants relating to building construction and asset maintenance.
- Conduct investigations and appropriate scoping for building construction and asset renewal projects.
- Supervise contractors on site inclusive of providing oversight of performance, quality of work and timeliness of operations.
- Be a workplace safety champion by modelling expected safety behaviours and holding others accountable.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of contract tenders.
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Relevant qualifications in building construction or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of building construction projects.
- A proven ability to follow instructions and work according to established processes.
- An ability to provide good customer service and ensure the quality of work outputs.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence.
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, October 3, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.