People and Culture Coordinator
- Have you ever considered a career in local government?
- Full-time ongoing role | flexible options available
- Work with a passionate and dedicated team committed to making a difference
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
The People and Culture Coordinator will work with guidance from the Team Leader and Manager of People and Culture to assist the People and Culture team in the realisation of organisational recruitment and learning and development goals, and to deliver other human resource strategies. This will include building and maintaining networks to support recruitment, reviewing and monitoring employee onboarding and employment lifecycle management, and supporting programs to engage, develop and retain employees within the organisation.
A HR generalist role, the People and Culture Coordinator will support the Team Leader and Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of key strategies. The breadth of the role will include:
- Building relationships and networks external to the organisation to support direct recruitment, pathway programs to attract talent, building employer reputation and promoting diversity in recruitment.
- Identifying and establish internal and external programs to develop staff capability to meet the current and future needs of the organisation.
- Providing advice to employees about their employment entitlements under the EBA, award, Fair Work Act and employment contract, with the ability to refer complex questions to the Team Leader or Manager.
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Formal qualification in human resource management or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in general human resources management, recruitment and/or staff development or transferrable skills.
- Ability to build networks and promote opportunities.
- A passion for the development and management of people.
- A willingness to challenge the status quo and the ability to do so in a way that promotes long term change.
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence
Enquiries: Glenda Beecher - Manager People and Workplace | 0434 892 384 | email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, September 19, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.