- Full time ongoing position | Flexible working options available
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Live and work in picturesque North East Victoria
- Salary starting at $92,099 per annum plus super
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
As a valued member of the finance team you will:
- Contribute to best practice in Council’s management and financial reporting, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Ensure service planning is a key part of the budgeting process to accurately inform Council’s Long-Term Financial Plan.
- Coordinate Council’s non-financial indicators in the Statement of Operations and Performance Statement.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting / a related disciple, or equivalent experience and membership of a recognised Accounting body.
- A well-developed understanding of monthly accounting processes.
- Experience in computer based financial systems and spreadsheeting.
- Highly developed communications skills with the ability to provide clear information to stakeholders with all levels of financial understanding.
How to Apply
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Current Drivers Licence prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Manager Finance - Natasha Donohue | (02) 6022 9381 | email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 11:59pm, August 28, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from any gender identity and sexuality orientation; and people from every age, culture and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.