- Have you ever considered a role in local government?
- Work with a variety of teams across the spectrum of Council services
- Full-time ongoing role
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
This is a truly diverse role that will work in all areas of Council as required on an assignment basis.
About the Role
This role is a generalist administration role that will work with a variety of teams across the spectrum of Council services as required. This role will support continuity of operations across Wodonga Council by filling short term assignments in any team to cover for staff absences and periods during which a position is vacant. This role will provide a wide range of administrative support according to the needs of the particular assignment and will be expected to use the corporate IT systems of the organisation on any particular assignment.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you are:
- A team player with good people skills who understands how to build strong working relationships.
- A flexible and self-motivating individual who can move between teams to support periods of higher workload or cover planned staff absences.
- A fast learner who is not afraid to ask questions when they are not sure.
- Someone with a relevant qualification in business administration and experience in the use of software systems including Microsoft Office suite. If you do not have a specific qualification, transferable experiences and skills will be considered.
How to Apply
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence and Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Enquiries: Manager People and Culture – Glenda Beecher | (02) 6022 9209 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 11:59pm, July 3, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.