Sustainability Projects Officer
- Do you want to reduce the use & impact of single use plastics in our community?
- Work with other passionate people in the field of environmental sustainability
- Full-time ongoing role with access to flexible work arrangements
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga or working with Wodonga Council? Click here or visit our website here.
About the Role
Wodonga Council is committed to environmental sustainability and supporting the community through waste reduction initiatives, understanding the environmental impacts of projects and major works and incorporating environmental sustainability into the planning process for future planning and development opportunities. This position supports that commitment by researching environmental sustainability matters relevant to Council projects and supporting the Sustainability Team in meeting their goals.
You will work with other passionate people and will see the impact of your work in the community. Some of the duties are to:
- Conduct research and collection of information on sustainability matters for the collective use for Sustainability Team’s projects.
- Collaborate with Sustainability Co-ordinator, and staff of other units as required, to prepare and produce sustainability documents.
- Provide Environmental Sustainable Design (ESD) advice to council’s planning teams in relation to planning and development projects and applications, to promote positive ESD outcomes for the City.
What you will bring
We are looking for applications showing us that you are:
- A team player with good people skills who understands the importance of influence in achieving team outcomes.
- An effective communicator who can build relationships with diverse stakeholders and discuss environmental science concepts in a way that is easy to understand for everyone.
- Someone who has the tools to manage their own priorities and work independently when required.
- Hold a relevant qualification in environmental science, sustainability or a transferable combination of experience, education and training.
How to Apply
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see the “What you will bring” section above. Support on how to address this criteria can be found here) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence, Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Sustainability Coordinator - Robyn Nicholas | 0466 459 060 | email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11:59pm, July 11, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.