- Full-time role with genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Assess and determine a wide variety of planning permit applications
- Live in picturesque North East Victoria, work in an exciting growth region
- Salary starting at $81,199 per annum plus superannuation
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga? Click here or visit our website here.
Wodonga Council is committed to serving the community and we are dedicated to providing high quality services across the community.
We are a values driven organisation that is committed to building healthy and engaged teams who benefit from our flexible work options, health and wellbeing initiatives, and development opportunities, so that we grow as individuals and as an organisation. We recognise the importance of balancing work and life and understand that priorities change with time.
At Wodonga Council we offer meaningful work and take pride in what we do.
What you will be doing
Operating in Wodonga Council’s Planning and Building unit, the role will work with our team:
- To respond to and provide advice and recommendations on a wide range of planning matters.
- To build relationships with the development community in order to enhance the physical and natural environment of the city.
- To assist in the preparation of submissions by other officers at VCAT.
- To represent the council at developer forums, planning consultation meetings, mediation sessions and other information provision forums.
- To brief the council and the council’s executive on planning proposals.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the statutory planning service through positive participation as a team member.
What you will bring
With a tertiary qualifications in town planning you are ready to bring your passion and experience in the planning sector dealing with complex planning matters to the Planning and Building team at Wodonga Council.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us their:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to communicate and liaise with counterparts in other organisations to discuss and resolve specialist planning matters.
- Ability to contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the statutory planning team through positive participation a team member.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work, both independently and as part of a team, to achieve set objectives despite conflicting pressures.
- Experience within a Victorian local government setting desirable.
How to Apply
Use the apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see our ideal candidate qualities above) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence and Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Acting Team Leader Statutory Planning - Kathryn Oswald | (02) 6022 9374 | email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 11:59pm, June 26, 2022
Position Description below
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including;
- employee health and wellbeing programs,
- flexible work arrangements,
- learning and development, and
- career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.