Team Leader Events
- Full-time, permanent position (38 hours per week)
- Flexible work around event commitments
- Fantastic leadership opportunity
Wodonga is a progressive, well-planned, growing city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship. We aim to strengthen our community in all that we do.
Want to read more about life in Wodonga click here or visit our website here
Exciting opportunity to lead our events team and tourism function in the post-pandemic environment.
What you will be doing
This critical role will lead the comeback and reinvigoration of our city’s events calendar. The team leader will lead, guide and mentor our small events team to deliver an exciting events calendar for our residents and visitors.
We need a strategic people leader and team player with a solid understanding of the events and tourism industries. You will lead the team to:
- Secure opportunities for event attraction;
- Project manage the development and delivery of a calendar of events for our community;
- Develop unique tourism experiences and products; and,
- Create strategic partnerships at local, state and national levels.
What you will bring
With a love working with people from all walks of life. You will bring a fun, caring, proactive and strategic approach to leading a small hardworking events team
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
Our ideal candidate will be able to show us their:
- Demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to develop high-performing teams.
- Experience in event management, event attraction and tourism.
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills, including ability to write grants, plans, event attraction proposals, and effectively present these to a range of event or tourism stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in project management to oversee multiple projects and tasks, particularly your ability to engage your team and stakeholders in the project.
- Thorough understanding of industry practice and state guidelines regarding Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), risk and event management practices.
How to Apply
Use the Apply button to commence your application.
To apply applicants will be required to provide two documents;
- a cover letter addressing your suitability for the position (see our ideal candidate qualities above) and,
- a current resume.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check, Current Drivers Licence, Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate and Victorian Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Manager Tourism and Cultural Services - Kim Strang | 02 6022 9283 or 0428 142 878 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 11:59pm, May 15, 2022
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
If you have special needs that we can address to assist you submit your application or to fully participate in the selection process, please contact us.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
Flexible work arrangements
A healthy and safe environment
Access to our fitness passport
Learning and development opportunities