As a Provisional Teacher you will plan, supervise, implement and evaluate a quality preschool program. You will maintain the smooth running of the centre in accordance with the National Quality Framework 2012 and the National Care and Education Regulations 2011. You will do this whilst providing a safe, educational and caring environment where preschool children can be encouraged to reach their individual potential in all areas of child development.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood).
- Sound knowledge of current child development and assessment of children.
- Sound understanding of, and ability to apply and adopt, relevant policies, standards and regulations, into the teaching program.
- Sound knowledge of the issues and needs that affect young children and families, and experience in applying strategies that are inclusive of all children and encourage them to reach their individual potential in all areas of child development.
- The ability to demonstrate a positive and flexible approach in order to adapt to new concepts and ideas.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements;
- a healthy and safe environment;
- access to our fitness passport; and
- learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description to view more information about this position.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria may not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, provide a copy of a National Police Check, Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate, Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration and early childhood teaching qualification prior to commencement.
Applications close Sunday 5:00pm, December 5, 2021.