As the Asset Officer you will contribute towards Council’s goals to protect, enhance and manage our unique natural and built environments, planning for growth, demonstrating leadership and stewardship now and into the future. A vital aspect of this role is the management of strategic assets to achieve continual improvement and to ensure the currency of infrastructure asset data, which enables sound decisions for any maintenance, renewal and valuation requirements.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria.
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in a related field.
- The ability to interpret GIS maps, construction plans and data, and extract relevant asset information.
- The ability to carry out onsite asset inspections using mobile GIS technology, capturing attribute, condition and defect data.
- Experience in projects that includes overseeing contracts and contractors, and/or implementation of asset systems/processes.
- Experience in the use of asset management systems, Intramaps, or comparable GIS applications and asset data bases.
- Experience in compiling information for and/or writing asset management annual reports, policies or procedures.
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements;
- a healthy and safe environment;
- access to our fitness passport; and
- learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
click the Position Description to view more information about this position.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria may not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Applications close Sunday 5:00pm, November 28, 2021.