· Work with a supportive and engaged team
· Starting salary $79,899.04 plus super
· Permanent ongoing role
An exciting opportunity exists to join our Wodonga Council’s Infrastructure and Projects team.
You will assist in the effective and efficient operation of council’s Projects and Design team undertaking engineering investigations, project development, survey and design, construction supervision, project management and associated works to achieve the objectives of the Council Plan and the successful delivery of the annual capital works program including but not limited to projects such as:
- Road Renewal Program
- Traffic and Pedestrian Safety Projects
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following Key Selection Criteria.
- A Degree in Civil Engineering, and/or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, detailed design, delivery and project management of civil construction works relevant to local government.
- Ability to utilise information technology systems including AutoCad, Civil Site Design (or equivalent), Word, Excel, GIS, and other relevant IT systems or undertake on the job training to develop these skills.
- Highly effective communication skills both oral and written, with excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage own time, set priorities and organise self to achieve specific objectives as required.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements;
- a healthy and safe environment;
- access to our fitness passport; and
- learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers; and click the Position Description to view more information about this position.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate prior to commencement.
Applications close Sunday 5:00pm, November 7, 2021.
Enquiries: Manager infrastructure and works - Theo Panagopoulos | 0418 568 601 | firstname.lastname@example.org