- Salary starting at $79,899.04 plus super
- Flexible work arrangements
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city centre.
Wodonga Council’s vision is that Wodonga is a ‘progressive, well-planned city that is affordable, offers an abundance of opportunities and is led by strong, empathetic stewardship’. This vision will support us to realise our mission ‘to strengthen the community in all that we do’.
Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Working as part of Wodonga City’s Statutory Planning team and reporting to the Team Leader Statutory Planning, you will facilitate the assessment and issue of planning permits and approvals for all forms of land use and developments proposals. You will liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, including responding to queries from applicants, landowners
In this role you will be exposed to an extremely diverse array of planning matters including large residential estates, precinct structure planning, city centre re-development and major industrial developments.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following Key Selection Criteria.
- Tertiary qualification in town planning or other relevant field at degree level or equivalent, or the ability to actively demonstrate working towards a tertiary qualification in town planning or other relevant field at degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in the planning sector dealing with a variety of planning matters. Experience within a Victorian local government setting desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to communicate and liaise with counterparts in other organisations to discuss and resolve specialist planning matters.
- Previous demonstrated experience preparing for and presenting at VCAT or experience presenting in a high level formal setting.
- Ability to contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the statutory planning service through positive participation as a team member and provide support to other staff in the assessment and resolution of planning matters.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work, both independently and as part of a team, to achieve set objectives despite conflicting pressures.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements;
- a healthy and safe environment;
- access to our fitness passport; and
- learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Visit our website www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers; and click the Position Description to view more information about this position.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check, and may be required to provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate Check, prior to commencement
Applications close Tuesday 5:00pm, November 2, 2021.
Enquiries: Team leader statutory planning - Lou Hawkins | (02) 6022 9231 | LHawkins@wodonga.vic.gov.au