· Build your planning career in a growing regional city
· Opportunity to work on an exciting and diverse range of strategic projects
· Full-time, permanent position with flexible work arrangements
We are looking for a professional who is passionate for the strategic planning of a growing regional city.
The City of Wodonga is seeking applications from candidates to undertake the position of Strategic Planner in our dynamic strategic planning team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with great people on an exciting and diverse range of projects that are challenging and rewarding, to promote growth, sustainable development and quality land use outcomes.
The primary objectives of this role include the following.
· Prepare and implement council’s strategic planning policies and planning scheme amendments that meet the objectives of the Council Plan, the strategic directions of the Wodonga planning scheme and other relevant council policies.
· Provide strategic planning advice to internal and external stakeholders to assist council and the community in achieving positive and sustainable planning outcomes.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationship with internal, government, development and community stakeholders to facilitate the objective to achieve positive and sustainable planning outcomes.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria.
1. Tertiary qualifications in town planning or in relevant areas.
2. A thorough knowledge, understanding and experience with Victorian planning and development processes.
3. Extensive demonstrated experience in strategic and/or statutory planning or in related fields. Experience within a Victorian local government setting advantageous.
4. Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and handling diverse and complex strategic planning and/or consultancy projects.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills advocating to internal and external stakeholders.
6. Demonstrated experience in presenting to stakeholders or groups of individuals. Experience preparing for and presenting at planning panels advantageous.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and organise work, both independently and as part of a team, to achieve set objectives despite pressures.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements;
- a healthy and safe environment;
- access to our fitness passport; and
- learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description to view more information about this position.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be consider
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a current drivers licence a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Applications close Tuesday 5:00pm, October 19, 2021.
Enquires: Team Leader Strategic Planning, Ken Chan | 02 6022 9274 | KChan@wodonga.vic.gov.au