· Full Time position
· Hourly rate $31.86 - $33.44 depending on qualifications and experience
· Great supportive work environment
Like climbing trees? Working outdoors? An exciting opportunity exists for a Qualified Arborist to join our Wodonga Council arboriculture team.
As a Qualified Arborist you will work with the Wodonga Council arboriculture team in providing quality services.
· Provide support to other roads, natural resource, parks and gardens teams by working with them when they require additional labour and plant resources. The objective being an integrated works team that uses all of the council’s resources across all teams when the need arises.
· Assist in the development and implementation of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for all maintenance tasks associated with the arboriculture team.
· Assist in the selection, development and implementation of traffic control plans (TCPs) for all maintenance tasks associated with the arboriculture team.
· Accurately complete timesheets in accordance with the team’s operating procedures.
· Perform other duties as directed by the supervisors of roads, parks, gardens, natural resources teams including labouring duties in periods of low arboriculture maintenance activities.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the following Key Selection Criteria.
1. Completion of Certificate III in Arboriculture or equivalent
2. Experience in tree identification and the ability to assess tree health and risk
3. Basic knowledge of and experience in the use of a variety of IT systems
4. The ability to work unsupervised as well as collaboratively within a team
5. An understanding of the importance of a safe work environment, and various OHS principles
6. To provide good customer service and ensure the quality of work outputs.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Locals enjoy short commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and a lifestyle at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Wodonga Council strongly encourages applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; people with a disability; people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity; and, from every age and ethnic background.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements;
- a healthy and safe environment;
- access to our fitness passport; and
- learning and development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description to view more information about this position.
Application method Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Applications close 5:00pm Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
Enquires: Michael Power – Team Leader Gardens | (02) 6022 9377 | MPower@wodonga.vic.gov.au