Environmental Health Officer
· Full-time, permanent role
· Starting at $79,899 per annum
· Great organisational culture and supportive team environment
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
If you want to enjoy shorter commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and be at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more, then a move to Wodonga is the move for you.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
The Environmental Health Officer will assist in the effective and responsible administration and enforcement of the statutory requirements prescribed by the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008, Environment Protection Act 1970,other relevant legislation, and the council’s local laws to achieve and maintain a high standard of environmental health within the municipality. The role will contribute to the projection of the council as a responsible and effective provider of facilities and services.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the below key selection criteria.
1. Relevant tertiary qualification.
2. Experience in environmental health matters including but not limited to food, public health nuisances, tobacco, wastewater systems, public health and wellbeing premises, immunisation and vector control and have a working knowledge of relevant legislation, and local government practices.
3. Highly developed communication skills – verbal and written - including experience in preparing correspondence and other documents.
4. Highly developed organisational and time management skills.
5. Be competent in Microsoft Word Access, Excel, Outlook, record management systems, Streatrader, IMPS etc., or be able to demonstrate the ability to learn to use such systems quickly.
Applicants from all cultures and genders welcome.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position can be directed to Team Leader Environmental Health Susan Bennett on (02) 6022 9257 or 0418 367 910.
To apply visit www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers; applications close Sunday April 18, 2021.