Community Development Projects Co-ordinator
· Full-time, limited tenure (12-month funding)
· $79,899 per annum plus superannuation
· Great organisational culture and supportive team environment.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
If you want to enjoy shorter commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and be at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more, then a move to Wodonga is the move for you.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
The Community Development Projects Co-ordinator will co-ordinate and implement a range of externally funded projects that aim to reduce social inequalities and promote the health and wellbeing of Wodonga residents.
With support from the Team Leader Community Planning and Development, the Project Co-ordinator will be responsible for progressing all aspects of delegated projects, including managing timeframes, budgets and reporting.
The Project Co-ordinator will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders and developing partnerships to encourage a collaborative approach to meet project objectives.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the below key selection criteria.
1. Degree or diploma in public health, health promotion, community development or related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in project planning, implementation, evaluation and reporting.
3. Well-developed organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, manage time and work effectively to achieve outcomes within set timeframes.
4. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with relevant internal and external stakeholders to achieve project outcomes.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills including liaison and advocacy skills and the ability to provide written responses and reports.
Applicants from all cultures and genders welcome.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Team Leader Community Planning and Development Anthea Maher on 02 6022 9280 or 0466 316 211.
To apply visit www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers; applications close Sunday, April 11, 2021.