Weekend Resource Recovery Officer
· Full-time, permanent (Friday to Monday)
· $62,952 per annum plus superannuation
· Great organisational culture and supportive team environment.
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
If you want to enjoy shorter commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and be at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more, then a move to Wodonga is the move for you.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
This position plays a lead role in recovering e-waste and other identified products as well as standing in for absent staff.
Objectives of this role
· Assist with the daily operation of the facility
· Relieve the customer service position as required
· Relieve operator position as required
· Relieve street litter crew position as required
· Assist with data entry and reporting of the various Waste Transfer Station’s computer systems.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will also be able to demonstrate the below key selection criteria.
1. Waste or environmental management experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
2. Ability to undertake required duties in a safe manner, ensuring your own safety and that of others within the workplace.
3. Well-developed customer service skills in order to present a confident and professional image to customers.
4. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Basic use of computers.
Applicants from all cultures and genders welcome.
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (listed above), resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment, and provide a copy of a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position can be directed to Waste Management Co-ordinator Jason Perna on 02 6022 9300 or 0403 687 749.
To apply visit www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/careers; applications close March 7, 2021.