As a result of a strongly growing building market, a unique opportunity exists for a qualified Building Inspector join the team at Wodonga Council.
- $67k-$79k salary (plus super), negotiable on experience
- Enjoy a diverse workload with strong professional development in a supportive team environment
- Permanent, full-time employment
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River in a stunning natural environment with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major city redevelopment. Becoming part of our organisation comes with a great pride of working for our community.
If you want to enjoy shorter commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and be at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more, then a move to Wodonga is the move for you.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
People enjoy working at Wodonga Council because we are an organisation that prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect. Becoming part of our organisation comes with a great pride of working for our community
Strong growth in the building market across Victoria’s North East and NSW combined with changes in building regulations, has created the need for additional staff in Wodonga’s Building Services team.
This role will add to our team of building inspectors to inspect buildings during construction, alterations and demolitions; and, to assist in the operation of the Building Services team in order to ensure the safety of the public and the best possible service to clients and ratepayers.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria.
- Tertiary qualification and registration as a Building Inspector Practitioner
- Extensive knowledge of, and proven ability to interpret and enforce, relevant building control legislation
- Strong focus and commitment to delivering high quality customer service and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Advanced verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and prepare clear and concise reports on complex building issues
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-skilled team environment and work independently out in the field with minimum supervision
While this role is advertised as full-time, there is the option to negotiate alternative hours and employment arrangements.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Manager Building Services David Seal on (02) 6022 9250.
Applicants will be required to address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description (~150 words each) and provide a resume and brief cover letter. Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here.
Applications close Monday, November 30, 2020