Early Years Co-ordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our Early Years team
- Enjoy a diverse workload with strong professional development in a supportive team environment
- Full-time, limited tenure parental leave replacement.
- $67,524 per annum plus superannuation
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. It offers the best of regional living with leading facilities in health, education, arts and culture. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city.
People enjoy working at Wodonga Council because we are an organisation that prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect. Becoming part of our organisation comes with a great pride of working for our community.
This position is responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative co-ordination of the Early Years unit. In this role you will co-ordinate casual staff and organise relief requirements for preschools and childcare, administer the preschool enrolment process and provide customer service to internal and external customers relating to our Early Years centres.
To be successful in this role you will have a demonstrated ability to provide quality customer care and service to children, parents, colleagues and the wider community. Your demonstrated knowledge of, or willingness to work to achieve competence in, council electronic systems; ability to use initiative; and, the ability to take direction and deliver key messages to families and staff will see you succeed in this role.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer care and service (I can do, I can help) to children, parents, colleagues, and the wider community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of/or willingness to work to achieve competence in council electronic systems (Outlook, Microsoft Office suite, Pathway, Content+, Finance 1) and those particular to the Early Years service (Xpedite, KIM).
- Ability to use initiative working as an effective member of a team and undertaking tasks independently.
- Ability to take direction from the Team Leader Early Years and manger in regard to key messages to deliver to families and staff as well as the prioritising of work processes.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of a current (within the past three months) National Police Check and a Victorian Working with Children check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Team Leader Early Years Shelli Hardwick on 0466 752 896
Applicants will be required to address the key selection (~150 words each), and provide a resume and brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here.
Applications close Sunday, September 20, 2020