Team Leader Economic Development
An exciting opportunity exists to join Wodonga Council, as a driving force in achieving our mission “to strengthen the community in all that we do”.
- Full-time, permanent position
- $89,177 per annum, plus super
- Drive strategic and sustainable regional economic growth
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. It offers the best of regional living with leading facilities in health, education, arts and culture. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city.
If you want to enjoy shorter commute times, an extensive track and trail network in which to soak up the great outdoors and be at the centre of a diverse region offering award-winning wineries, historic townships, snow and water play and much more, then a move to Wodonga is the move for you.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
People enjoy working at Wodonga Council because we are an organisation that prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect. Becoming part of our organisation comes with a great pride of working for our community.
With significant interest from state and federal government agencies, private developers and the introduction of the Two Cities One Community partnership, Wodonga’s profile is increasing nationally. In one of Victoria’s fastest-growing regions, be part of an organisation driving successful economic development across the municipality, and greater region through an agenda of urban development and renewal across infrastructure, services and community.
In this role you will:
- Plan and deliver key economic development projects;
- Source grant funding and collaboratively drive project delivery;
- Provide advice, consultation, research finding and analysis relevant to the regional economy; and,
- Support the growth of new and existing business in the region.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following key selection criteria,
1. Tertiary qualifications in business, economics, economic development, or a related discipline and relevant experience
2. Experience working in or overseeing complex multi-strategy, multi-stakeholder projects, and ensuring adherence to quality standards, timelines, budgets
3. Research, analytical and problem solving skills to identify opportunities, and make recommendations to support informed, strategic decision making
4. Experience supporting, informing and negotiating with business across a range of industry sectors and local, state and/or federal government departments
5. Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to prepare and convey a wide range of reports, data analysis and correspondence, as well as deliver verbal presentations of a high standard
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a current (within the past three months) National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Manager Investment Attraction and Economic Development Adam Wiseman on (02) 6022 9205 or 0466 530 717
Applicants will be required to address the key selection criteria, and provide a resume and brief cover letter.
Applications close on September 16, 2020.