Aboriginal Early Years Educator Traineeship
- Full-time, 18-month contract
- Join our Early Years team and share a commitment to high quality outcomes for children
- Great organisational culture and supportive team environment
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga Council provides a vast range of services to a diverse community including early years, parks and gardens and waste management, just to name a few. We also have a strong internal service delivery network where relationships are critical to the success of our organisation.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
The Early Years Trainee will be an integral member of the Early Years team, assisting with the operation of the early childhood education and care programs.
The trainee will be required to meet the following.
- Training requirements for the completion of a Certificate III in Children’s Services.
- Cultural education and mentorship in conjunction with on-the-job training, developing competency in and carrying out duties associated with early years education and care.
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, and passionate about delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- A positive attitude and a passion for working with children;
- That you are reliable, professional, punctual, enthusiastic and passionate about children's education, care and inclusive practices;
- That you are flexible, adaptable and have a can-do attitude;
- The ability to build trusting relationships with your colleagues and children;
- That you are dedicated to complete the theory component of the Certificate III of Children's Services Traineeship;
- The ability to work as an effective team member; and,
- A willingness to have fun, be creative and be invested in the early education of our children.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic)
This position is therefore only open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants who are aged 18 years or over.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to the Team Leader Early Years Shelli Hardwick on 0466 752 896
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria outlined in the position description, a resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here.
The Aboriginal Traineeship candidate guide can be found below.
Applications close on August 16, 2020