An exciting opportunity exists to join Wodonga Council’s Finance team in the role of Procurement Officer.
- Permanent, full-time position
- $66,200 per annum plus super
- Great organisational culture and supportive team environment
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria and is undergoing major redevelopment in the city. Experience a sense of pride by joining an organisation that works directly with and for our local community.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
The organisation prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
This position will contribute to the council’s goals of delivering cost-effective, quality services in a competitive environment, with a strong customer focus by supporting the competitive tendering and contract management processes.
You will provide guidance and assistance to all staff within the council in relation to procurement processes, planning of supplies, contract administration and performance reviews of contractors and providers in accordance with council’s policy and guidelines.
Undertake the preparation of specifications, tender and contract documentation, including drafting advertisements and relevant correspondence. You will assist and participate in tender evaluation teams and prepare reports for delegates and the council to approve expenditure.
$66,200 per annum plus Super
To be successful in the role you will be a great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions-oriented and passionate in delivering quality outcomes for our organisation.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or experience in a related field;
- Understanding of legislation as it relates to the role;
- Experience engaging staff in compliant procurement processes to ensure a culture of best practice;
- An understanding of the economic, political and social issues relating to competitive tendering in the local government environment;
- Initiative, self-motivation and attention to detail;
- The ability to lead and manage multiple procurement activities throughout the procurement life cycle; and,
- Very good written communication skills to communicate with clients, members of the public, other employees and enable the preparation of routine correspondence and reports.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a copy of a current (within the past three months) National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Manager Finance Nicola Gleeson Coopes on (02) 6022 9381 or 0466 942 198
Applicants will be required to attach a document addressing each of the key selection criteria (100-250 words each), a resume and a brief cover letter.
Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here; applications not addressing selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close on May 27, 2020