Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River in a stunning natural environment with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest-growing cities in Victoria undergoing major redevelopment in its city centre and strong residential growth across the city. Becoming part of our organisation comes with a great pride of working for our community.
Albury-Wodonga combined has a population of more than 90,000 people and enjoys all the amenity of major cosmopolitan city without the traffic. Home to great restaurants and cafes, schools, universities and sporting opportunities, it is close to the snow in winter and offers a range of water sports during summer ensuring there is something for the whole family.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
People enjoy working at Wodonga Council because we are an organisation that prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities which grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
A rare and exciting opportunity has become available in our Strategic Planning team as a Strategic Planner.
Reporting to the Team Leader Strategic Planning, you will be responsible for assisting the Strategic Planning team to shape our city’s future, to ensure it is planned in a manner that maintains the great lifestyle and prosperity enjoyed by its residents and to develop planning policies that promote growth, sustainable developments and quality land use outcomes.
Our city continues to undergo continuous and significant transformation. As a Strategic Planner you will have the opportunity to be part of this exciting journey to facilitate the future growth of Wodonga.
This is the ideal role for a passionate and motivated strategic planning professional who is looking to develop their skills and knowledge in a large and dynamic organisation.
If you are interested in being part of a supportive and innovative team, eager to make a real difference to our city through significant planning projects, we’d love to hear from you.
Recent and ongoing projects include
- Sustainable Design Assessment in the Planning Process (SDAPP) for Subdivision Assessment Framework: Wodonga is leading a partnership of 16 councils along with non-local government partners the Council Alliance for a Sustainable Built Environment (CASBE) and the Victorian Planning Authority (VPA))
- Regional Development Contribution Plan (DCP) Toolkit project: Wodonga is leading 16 councils in partnership with the VPA
- Regional Natural Environment Strategy:Collaboration with AlburyCity
- Regional Integrated Transport Plan: collaboration with AlburyCity
Individual Council Projects
- Individual Council Projects
- Wodonga Heritage Study
- Wodonga Open Space Strategy
- Wodonga Housing Strategy
- Wodonga Industrial Land Audit
$87,429 per annum plus superannuation
- As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate the following.
- Tertiary qualifications in town planning or in relevant areas, with extensive demonstrated planning experience.
- Great team player who is quick to develop good relationships, is driven, hardworking, collaborative, solutions oriented, and passionate in delivering quality planning outcomes for our community.
- Excellent communication skills to assist in advocating to internal and external stakeholders.
- A sound understanding of strategic planning systems, practices and trends. Knowledge on the Victorian Planning Schemes and the Planning & Environment Act 1987 desirable but not essential.
While this role is advertised as full-time, the council will consider flexible working arrangements.
Depending on your situation, relocation financial assistance may be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of a current (within the last 3 months) National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Ken Chan, Team Leader Strategic Planning on (02) 6022 9274
Applicants will be required to address the key selection criteria (~150 words each), and provide a resume and brief cover letter. Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here.
Applications close March 2, 2020